Every parent and carer is a member of our Parent Council which:
- is run by parents/carers for parents/carers
- allows you meet others and share ideas
- allows the school and the governing body to find out more about your thinking
- helps you to support your child's learning
Research shows that children do better when their parents/carers are involved in their learning and the life of the school, so please get involved by contacting any of the Class Reps or leaving your details with the School Office.
Meetings are held every half term and everyone is welcome to attend. Minutes of all meetings are written up by the chair.
We hope to see you at the next one!
Each class has two parent representatives
Friends of Invicta School (FOIS) is the fundraising arm of the Parent Council, and is a registered charity.
Do you shop online?
Then please join easyfundraising.org.uk , choose FOIS (Friends of Invicta School) as the cause you would like to support and help raise funds. By accessing your usual online stores via easyfundraising, every purchase you make means a cashback donation to the school.
It’s that easy and costs you nothing!
BLACKHEATH PARENT COUNCIL
Friday the 27th November 2020
Last week we had a FANTASTIC meeting with regards to the Winter fair 2020 and I can now say that the teachers are really excited about this too. The following things were decided:
- The fundraising day will take place on Tuesday 15th December- all day.
- All classes will create 3 stalls for the other class in their bubble to attend. The children will not need to bring money and the teachers will decide how to organise this- whether it be a token system etc. All children will do a craft activity which they can take home. The teachers are trying to make this as Eco friendly as possible. Teachers will be in touch with Parent reps for this to see if they can get some help either with donations or ideas!
- We will ask for donations of £3-5 for the day but all children will partake even if their families have not been able to donate. There will be activities for children to do if they do not celebrate Christmas. All donations will be on ParentPay
- There will be a fitness element- Mr Waller and the school council are deciding this at the moment. There will be a Just giving page or GO fund page for people to share with extended families for this. Is someone able to set that up?
- The money raised will go towards an outside classroom and stage
- Debra has set up an Invicta Christmas Market and she will be sharing details of this in this email chain. I will also send out a letter to all families who would like to donate items to sell/ buy items.
- The Santa's grotto will take place in the Reception woodwork shed. Debra will also be setting this up and decorating it for the day. There is already an item on ParentPay for families to sign their children up to attend. It is £3 and the children will get a present (donated by Debra's company) and a photo (posted privately onto Google classroom). Mr O will be Santa and we will do a socially distanced photo. They will go to visit in the school day with a member of staff. Debra will need help wrapping the presents so let her know if you can help :)
- I have a lot of staff volunteers for the Ice bucket challenge- families can vote for £1 on parent pay for the person they would like to do it. I have bought a hamper for the winning teacher to give them an incentive to get people to vote for them!
- The teachers have also suggested challenging the teachers to Timetable Rockstars (speed timetable game) for £1 which we will also add.
- We are getting lots of raffle prizes which is brilliant- I have started a page to log this on here. Please can you add any prizes that you have here and we can get a poster sorted. I have added a link on Parent pay for people to buy raffle tickets and Patrick our Premises manager has offered to live stream the results of the raffle on our twitter page! We will do this on Wednesday 16th December at 2pm. I will speak to the people individually about this who have volunteered to help.
- I am not sure if there was any update re the estate agents but I think that we may have started this a bit late anyway tbh so maybe one for another year.
- Rebecca is looking at grants as is another reception parent with Kate to see what we can get- thank you so much!!
- Lisa came with a prospective parent and also builder to the school and he has offered to look at helping us oversee the projects for the stage and outside classroom- we would need people who are able to help and willing to give up time and also see if we could get any of the materials donated. Chris is going to give us some ideas of what we would need at the end of the year/ beginning of next and the first project will be the stage. I am really grateful for this help!
What I would be really grateful for is if you could spread the word about all of this:
- FUndraising day
- What we are fundraising for
- Invicta market- if you would like to buy or sell
- Santa's grotto
Also, if you are a parent rep if you could support the class teachers in passing any messages via class whatsapp groups. If you can get any raffle prizes that would also be brilliant. I have attached the slides I had from the meeting too.
The school council are making an assembly to share with the school to get them excited too.
I am so proud to work in this community and want to thank you for all your help and ideas!
5th December 2020
Our Parent Council on our Blackheath site has now relaunched!
Meetings will be held every half term and everyone is welcome to attend.
We will try to have these meetings at different times of the day to suit the timetables of all families.
We had our first meeting and minutes of all meetings will be published here. We hope to see you at the next one!
|Parent Council Minutes - 5th December 2019||Click HERE|
The next Invicta Blackheath Parent Council Meeting is: Tuesday the 4th of February. For more information, click HERE
DEPTFORD PARENT COUNCIL
Our Parent Council on our Deptford site is now fully launched! We met last month to confirm the Chair of the Parent Council here and Vice Chairs as well as sharing plans for the future school refurbishment, due to start in late spring and ideas for fundraising. Details of the parent council agenda and items shared can be seen here including current designs for the school layout (subject to change).
|Parent Council Meeting - 21st January 2020||Click HERE|