Message from Chair of Governors
I know as a parent of two children at Invicta Primary School how central the school is to community life; our committed and creative leadership and staff team are dedicated to supporting our children to thrive and it’s an honour to be the chair of Governors of such a forward-looking school. Being a Governor is a hugely rewarding role – a chance to support and shape the future of Invicta. If you are interested in joining us please get in touch.
Invicta Primary School Governors
Invicta Governing Body is responsible for:
- ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction of our School
- holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of Invicta, and the performance management of our staff
- overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure our money is well spent.
The full Governing Body meet once per term and we have two sub-committees: a Learning and Assessment Committee and Resources Committee which each meet at least once per term. Our meetings are clerked by a representative from the Royal Borough of Greenwich Council.
We spread our meetings across both the Blackheath and Deptford sites and our governors undertake a number of visits to the school outside of formal meetings to make sure they have the understanding they need to fulfill their responsibilities.
- For qualifications to serve as a governor, please click HERE
- For the Co-Opted Governor Application Form, please click HERE